Don’t Stop Celebrating ManufacturingPosted on October 29th, 2012 No comments
If you missed Manufacturing Week last week in Minnesota, don’t worry. It’s not too late to get some facts about manufacturing and how to pursue a career in the industry. Here’s a recap of some of the week’s highlights.
Just the Facts
Here on iSpeak, we talked about how manufacturing is on the rebound in Minnesota and how you can gear up for a career in manufacturing. And if your interest or job search is specific to an area of the state, check out these cool infographics on how important manufacturing is to all regions of Minnesota:
Let’s Have a Chat
On Wednesday, October 24 MinnesotaWorks hosted a live conversation on Twitter with a panel of experts, including:
- Rachel Vilsack, labor market analyst for the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development , who talked about industry trends and future employment projections.
- Harrison Lloyd, Buzz Specialist for the Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association, who explained the Dream It Do It campaign in Minnesota.
- Jim Mellgren, Chief Operations Officer at St. Paul Stamp Works , who mentioned what kinds of production jobs are in-demand.
- Kimberly Balega, spokesperson for Red Wing Shoe Company, who provided an employer’s view of what they look for in job candidates.
- Denise Felder, career counselor and outreach specialist for ISEEK, who offered resources for job seekers interested in exploring manufacturing careers or educational opportunities.
You can see the entire conversation here.VN:F [1.9.7_1111]
Leave a reply
Comments will be posted once they have been approved by the blog administrator.